IT Sligo is offering a new range of free college places on courses funded by Springboard+, which start in September 2017.
The programmes have a particular focus on the Science, Technology and Engineering disciplines.
Springboard+ is a Government-funded initiative, which aims to help participants upskill to enhance or kickstart their career prospects. It offers free courses at certificate, degree and masters level leading to qualifications in areas where there are employment opportunities in the Irish economy.
The courses are tailored to meet key growth areas such as Biopharmaceutical Science, Information Technology, Lean Sigma, Quality and Polymer Technologies.
This year’s Springboard course offering at IT Sligo includes:
- Level 6 Cert. in Biopharmaceutical Processing
- Level 6 Cert. in Cleanroom Manufacturing
- Level 6 Cert. in Process Technology
- Level 7 Cert. Lean Sigma Quality
- Level 7 Cert. in BioProcess Engineering
- Level 7 Cert. in Biopharmaceutical Processing
- Level 8 Higher Diploma in Science in Computing
- Level 9 Cert. in Quality Analytics for Biopharma
- Level 9 Cert. in Biopharmaceutical Science.
‘’These courses are free, part-time, online and completed within one year,” explains Jean Gilligan, IT Sligo’s Springboard Co-ordinator.
“The free courses are open to applicants whether they are currently working or are looking to upskill to return to employment.”