The Institute wishes to recruit to the following position:
Hourly Paid Part-time Assistant Lecturer for BA in Writing & Literature
We are looking for a writer to teach/facilitate writing workshops for 7 hours per week (approximately) for Semester 1 of the 2017/2018 academic year as part of the BA in Writing & Literature at IT Sligo. Applicants should hold at least an Honours Degree (ideally in Literature/Writing-related programme) and three year post qualification experience; be mid-career writers with published works to their credit who have received recognition for their achievements. Applications are encouraged from writers of diverse genres—including literary fiction, nonfiction, journalism, poetry, screen writing, and play writing. Applicants will have experience with community engagement, such as teaching or mentoring writers, editing journals or collaborating on creative projects. Rate of pay is €58.32 per hour.
The successful applicant will:
- Plan and deliver weekly workshops to writing students;
- Provide constructive feedback on writing in progress guiding student portfolios to high standard of writing;
- Facilitate learning environment where feedback and critique are shared sensitively, helping students to acquire editing skills;
- Attend course board meetings, contribute expertise to development of the programme and fulfil relevant administrative duties in relation to marks and standards and other programme needs;
- Contribute to development of a literary/arts journal produced and edited from the BA in Writing & Literature at IT Sligo;
- Assist in organising public readings to showcase student writing;
- Participate in national/international literary festivals and events that provide public relations/marketing opportunities for the BA in Writing and Literature.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your letter of application and CV to Martina Conlon at email@example.com by 12 noon on 2nd August 2017.
Institute of Technology, Sligo is an equal opportunities employer.
If you experience difficulty using the on-line recruitment system you may contact our Recruitment Officer on 071 9137335 for assistance. For further details on how to apply on-line, please see Guidelines on how to apply on-line. These guidelines are published in PDF format. If you do not have a PDF reader installed on your PC, you can download one from here