It is the policy of IT Sligo to have procedures in place to ensure that the quality of its programmes and awards meet the internal specifications and those of other bodies empowered to make specifications.
The Quality Assurance policy is framed within the context of the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Equal Area (ESG), the Quality and Qualifications Act 2012 and the determinations of QQI.
It is informed by the mission, vision and strategic development of the institute (ref current Strategic Plan, proposals for TUQF and draft ISO draft International standards for QA in Education)
Is designed to ensure the quality of awards, programmes and the teaching and learning process
It provides for openness, transparency and accountability in the work of the institute.
It is subject to continuous review and improvement underpinned by evidence based analysis
It is published and available publicly
The learning process in IT Sligo is student centred. Quality assurance policy and procedures underpin this by incorporating within overarching policy the specific requirement of IT Sligo that all learners:
1. Are treated fairly, consistently and with courtesy and respect
2. Are enabled to provide feedback about their academic experience
3. Will have opportunities, as appropriate, to participate in committees
4. While acknowledging competing demands on the budget, will have access to the best student support services that the Institute can provide.
5. to student support services as provided by the Institute
6. Are provided with useful and relevant information in relation to courses
7. Will receive at the beginning of their course an outline of its content, assessment procedures, expectations
8. Will be provided with the relevant institutional regulations and the appropriate penalties for breach of regulations
9. Are exposed to a variety of teaching methodologies
10. Will have reasonable access to lecturing staff for individual consultation
11. Will receive a course timetable
12. Will receive specific and adequate feedback on assessments within a reasonable timeframe
13. Will have access to all relevant policies and procedures and that procedures will be in place to cater for all substantiated mitigating circumstances in deciding a student’s progression.
Marks & Standards
- Documents will be available here
Validation of Modifications to Programmes
- EAP1 Proposal seeking approval to proceed to develop a new programme of learning
- EAP2 Proposal for Validation of a new Programme of Learning
- EAP3 Guidelines for the Panel of Assessors to Validate
- EAP4 Proposal for Validation and Approval of Modifications to an existing Programme of Learning
NFQ Level 9 Research Discipline Area Validation Policy and Procedures