The Knocknarea Arena at IT Sligo is the ideal setting for your conference or event.
Situated along Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way, the Arena is located in the heart of a modern 72-acre campus. This gives the venue access to an impressive range of Institute facilities – and everything is within walking distance.
- 32m x 28m auditorium with a seating capacity of 1,200.
- Six dressing rooms and off-stage green room with sheltered private access to the performance area.
- 130 seat café/bar (occasional license required), with fully equipped kitchen facilities.
- Multi-Purpose Studio.
- Upstairs Gymnasium
The venue is available to hire for commercial, professional, amateur and community performance events.
IT Sligo’s facilities
- 800 car-parking spaces – outside the front door of the Arena
- A 600-seater canteen/restaurant – opened in September 2014, the largest of its kind in the North-West of Ireland
- Additional on-campus catering facilities: Wheats Café & W.B’s Eatery
- Full Banking/ATM facilities (AIB)
- Student’s Union Newsagents and Institute Book Shop
- Wide range of additional conference rooms/lecture halls/seminar spaces
- Access to the internationally renowned Yeats Library
- Top class sporting facilities including: Athletics track, 3G floodlight football pitch, Prunty GAA Pitch and Soccer/Rugby playing facilties
- Extensive cycling/changing facilities.
- Outdoor gym and campus walking trail.
Sligo – Land of Heart’s Desire
The Knocknarea Arena’s central location means it is within walking distance of Sligo City Centre.
Situated in one of the most scenic parts of Ireland, the Arena is flanked by the stunning Benbulben mountain to the north, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west.
Sligo is also one of a select number of urban centres across Ireland to receive Purple Flag status. This prestigious international designation means that the city centre is recognised as an area of excellence is creating a safe and well-managed evening and night-time environment.