The Quality Assurance system is designed to ensure the highest possible standards of academic excellence are applied to the design and delivery of academic programmes and the operation of the support services throughout the institute.
The necessity for a robust Quality Assurance system is not only to meet regulatory requirements but support and advance the Mission Statement as set out in the current Strategic Pan 2017 – 2022:
“Advancing economic, social and environmental sustainability through education, innovation and engagement, producing graduates who are innovative, confident and a capable of leading the development of the region and beyond”.
Effective management of the Quality Assurance activities is a complex blend of regulation, policy development, procedural knowledge, quality culture, stake holder engagement and continuous quality enhancement.
All institute staff and students are involved in the achievement of academic excellence.
The organisation has a quality manual, policies, procedures, guidelines and other documents in place to ensure its programmes are developed, validated and monitored in accordance with the requirements of the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG)2015, the Quality and Qualifications Act 2012 and the QQI Core Statutory Guidelines.
Chapter 1 – Governance and Academic Mangement
Chapter 3 – Assessment of Students
Chapter 4 – Ongoing Management and Monitoring of Programmes
Chapter 7 – Student Access Transfer Progression Supports
Chapter 8 – Evaulating Research Programmes
Chapter 14 – IT Sligo Collaborative Provision Procedure
Review and Report Publications
Programmatic and School Reviews
- School of Business and Humanities Planning and Programme Revalidation Report 2011
- School of Business and Social Science Programmatic Revalidation Report 2016
- Faculty of Science Planning Report 2019
- Faculty of Engineering and Design Planning Report 2019-Feb
- Faculty of Engineering and Design Planning Report 2019 – May
- Faculty of Science Programmatic Revalidation Report 2019
Programme Validation Reports for New Programmes 2020
- SPA Digital Marketing Practice L6 2020
- SPA Social Media Marketing L6 2020
- SSC Sales Cust Service Validation Report
- Geotech and Structural L9 Final Report 2020
- L7 Cert Digital Const Site Mgt Report Final 2020
- L8 60 ECTS HDip in Insur Management Report 2020
- L8 60 ECTS Response to Validation Report – HDip Insurance Mgt MDI 2020
- PG Cert Professional Lead Response to Report 2021
- PG Cert Professional Lead Validation Report 2021
- L9 PME Response to Panel Report 2021
- L9 PME Validation Report 2021
- PG Dip Bus Financial Planning Report 2021
- L7 L8 BBus Marketing Panel Report Final 2021