Top 6 Reasons to Study at IT Sligo
You still may not be 100% sure which course you want to do. Good news, making up your mind is about to get a whole lot easier as we give you the top 6 reasons why you should study at IT Sligo.
- Over 60 industry-focused courses.
- Current students praise our highly-qualified lecturers as one of IT Sligo’s greatest strengths.
- Our learning supports are designed to help you realise your potential.
- We are renowned leaders in the use of technology and online teaching tools.
- Small class sizes mean that you benefit from the individual attention of our dedicated staff.
- Our graduates work at the highest levels with national and international employers.
Find a course that suits you
We provide career-focussed courses in the areas of Business, Marketing, Tourism, Sport, Social Sciences, Civil Engineering and Construction, Computing and Creative Practices, Mechanical and Electronic Engineering, Environmental and Life Sciences. See our wide range of courses here.
IT Sligo’s Live Events
College Information Evening
We’re hosting a ‘College Information Evening’ on Wednesday 28th June, from 5pm – 8pm. This event comes at a very important time in the CAO calendar just before the final CAO ‘Change of Mind’ final deadline (July 1st) and will be your last opportunity to
- Get any final information on courses – for example, what are the potential career paths, do you have the correct entry requirements or do you need Garda Vetting
- Find out about the CAO offer stage, the acceptance process and what happens next
- Learn how you can afford college – what documentation is required to apply for grants (SUSI), what fees need to be paid and when
- Find out about savings and loan advice from our on-campus bank, in case you don’t qualify for a grant
- Get organised before the rush and book your accommodation early
- Chat to a careers advisor – what happens if I don’t get the points? What are my options?
- Hear student to student advice – get inside tips from our Graduate Ambassador on student life at IT Sligo
Join us on Wednesday, 28th June, at 5pm and you could also be in with a chance to win €500 in cash to help kickstart your college life!
This event is free and open to all. No need to book – just turn up or contact us to find out more.
Daily Campus Tours
Weekday campus tours run from Monday, June 26th to Friday, June 30th inclusive. They are ideal for students and their families who are considering a course at IT Sligo, or who would like to see the campus, explore the facilities and find out more about their chosen course areas. They begin daily at 11:30am from the main reception and last approx. 45 minutes. No need to book – just turn up!
We are running a live ‘CAO Helpline’ every week day in June (9am – 5pm). If you have any query, big or small, we’d love to hear from you! Whether it’s about campus life, our courses, entry requirements, accepting your offer, Induction, clubs and societies, fees, grants or accommodation, call us now and we’ll talk you through the process.
Contact us by:
Phone: +353(0) 71 93 18510
Facebook Messenger: www.facebook.com/itsligo
Snapchat Live Q & A
We’re also running a ‘Live Snapchat Q & A’ every week day from Monday 26th to Friday 30th, 9am – 5pm. Whether you’ve a question about courses, admissions, types of accommodation or even types of waves off our wild Atlantic coast, simply send us your snaps and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours!
Add us on Snapchat! Our Snapchat handle is ‘itsligo’.
Coming Soon – The IT Sligo App
With IT Sligo’s new app you’ll never miss a beat, a club, a wave or a society from day one! Watch this space to find out more about our latest app and how you could win €500 in cash to kickstart your college life!
The CAO Change of Mind Deadline
CAO list of course choices explained
The closing date for the CAO change of mind is 5.15pm on Friday 1st July. After this date your list of choices is permanent and can’t be changed again.
- When the CAO offers course places on the 22nd of August, you will be offered the first course on your list for which you have enough points, and everything below that on the list vanishes instantly.
- If you missed a higher ranked option on your list by a few points, and the points drop in a later round, you may well be offered that course but you will never be offered a lower option on your list, even if the points for it were higher than the course you were offered, and you achieved those points.
- The system presumes you knew your own mind when you ranked your choices.
Put the course you want the most at the top of the list, regardless of whether or not you think you’ll get the points.
For further tips on changing your course choices, please click here
Interested? Get in touch:
T: +353(0) 71 93 18510