BB in Digital Marketing
Do you like working with people and have a strong creative flair?
The current trend for social networking sites, websites, blogs and video sharing sites has created a need for business to re-evaluate their marketing spend. Marketing professionals must have an in-depth understanding of digital tools and techniques which will encourage interaction with customers and consumers
Flexibility and creativity is a key factor in business and this programme has been designed with this in mind. This programme offers a blend of core business subjects with a marketing specialism, and a strong emphasis on digital media.
Digital technologies have transformed the way organisations communicate with customers. Marketers must embrace new media and take the lead in developing a digital strategy.
2014 was the year that made the biggest impact so far on brand, marketing and sales performance for Irish Business. This programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills to work in a dynamic, vibrant and expanding industry.
Work Experience is included in this programme so you will get the opportunity to put your skills into practice, under the continued guidance of a dedicated lecturer. The inclusion of a work placement, and the fact that you will be working on many real-life projects for businesses, means that you will be ready for the world of work upon graduation.
Students may, if they wish, choose to study a foreign language such as Spanish, French or German, as a non compulsory elective and may study abroad for one semester in a partner institution. Other elective choices include the opportunity to volunteer in a charitable organisation of your choice or to study Public Relations.
|Marketing, Tourism & Sport||SG539||Ordinary Bachelor Degree Abinitio|
*New Common Points Scale
The new Leaving Certificate Common Points Scale from 2017 is not directly comparable with the scale that was in existence from 1992 to 2016.
Applicants should list their CAO course choices in genuine order of preference and they will be offered the course highest up on their list that they are deemed eligible for, if any.
Entry requirements for CAO 2017 courses at ITSligo are available for download below:
- Download Entry requirements for just Level 7 programmes
- Download Entry requirements for all programmes
Normal CAO requirements for a L7 Ordinary Degree apply – a minimum of a Pass Leaving Certificate. Mature students are welcomed and interviewed and assessed on an individual basis.
Career opportunities are varied and you will be able to work in a digital era in a wide range of sectors and a variety of marketing positions including digital marketing executive, online marketing executive, social media manager, marketing campaigns manager, brand awareness and promotion, press/communications officer, business development. Other careers include content/information managers, multimedia systems developers and innovative media practitioners.
What are my further study opportunities?
You can progress to the one year Add-on Level 8 Honours Business degree where you may choose to continue your specialism in marketing or move to the general business stream. You then have an opportunity to complete a one year taught M.Sc in Marketing or undertake a Masters by Research at L9 or PhD at L10.
What subjects will I study?
[E] = Elective Module. Modules subject to availability.
Did you know?
- The most recent Marketing Outlook Report for 2014 which surveyed marketing professional showed that 88% predict marketing jobs growth or stability and 57% expect to increase their digital spend.
- The same report noted that ‘the 2014 marketing outlook is more positive than at any time over the past six years. Marketing jobs and budgets are expected to increase over the next two years with Digital and Content Marketing set to benefit most from any uplift.’
- Higher Digital Budgets will see marketers more engaged with digital channels which in turn drive demand for graduates with this expertise
- Research from O2 points to the need for 750,000 more digitally skilled workers by 2017 to satisfy the UK’s demand for a digital edge
- The demand for marketing graduates with data analytics skills is on the increase as a means for organisations to covert the large volume of data being created by the internet into meaningful and insightful information.
Who do I contact?
T: 353 (0) 71 931 8510