The SIF 1 funded Institutes of Technology Research Alliance was established in 2007 and brings together all the Institutes of Technology (IoT) to promote activities to improve and develop research in the IoTs, in particular graduate education. The Research Alliance comprises of thirteen IoT partners, four mentoring Universities and four associates.
- The aim of the programme is to support research students, supervisors and researchers in the core element of their work, which is the advancement of knowledge through original research.
- Broaden and deepen the intellectual training which the student will receive; to develop innovative structures for the provision of both generic skills and high-level interdisciplinary skills.
- Encourage, promote and support the recruitment of students to research (Masters and Ph.D. programmes), and staff to become research active.
- Encourage collaboration and formation of research networks across the sector.
The programme steams are accessible through a combined taught and distance basis and are available to all postgraduate students and staff of the IoTs. They take an applied approach including research related assignments and projects. Currently there is a suite of six modules available with ongoing development of additional modules.
The Diploma in Research Practice consists of all six modules.
The Certificate in Research Practice consists of one mandatory module (Research Methods) and a choice of two other modules. Contact information
- Dr. Michelle Connolly
- Institutes of Technology Ireland Research Alliance
- Co-ordinating Office, IT Sligo, Ballinode, Sligo.
- 071 9155484
Funded by the Irish Government under the National Development Plan, 2007- 2013.