Students from all over the world are attracted to IT Sligo, not just for the traditional Irish welcome but also for the rich culture, beautiful location and vibrant and modern campus. International students make up 8% of our student population and represent 36 nationalities.
The International Office co-ordinates admissions and support for international students. Our aim is to give our Irish students an international experience, while giving our international students a quality Irish educational life.
Why Choose IT Sligo?
- Courses from foundation certificate and bachelor degree to masters and doctoral degrees – (NFQ Levels 6 to 10)
- State-of-the-art single campus located in “The Land of Hearts Desire” (W.B. Yeats)
- Diverse and vibrant international student mix
- Flexible, supportive and friendly learning environment
- Excellent student support services
- Modern and affordable student accommodation adjacent to the campus.
IT Sligo is a proud holder of the Erasmus + Charter, encouraging students from around the world to come and study with us. Each year we welcome hundreds of incoming students and staff from our Erasmus + partner institutions.
Students from outside of the EU
IT Sligo is delighted to welcome students from outside of the EU to study on our programmes at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level.
How to Apply
You can apply to IT Sligo by completing an online application. The International Office processes applications for the following cohorts:
- Students from our partner institutions applying to IT Sligo through Erasmus+. Further information is available here.
- Non-EU applicants applying for full time programmes delivered on campus. Further information is available here.
We will aim to process all applications as efficiently as possible. Please read the information pages before making an application to ensure that you understand the admissions process and requirements.