Applications for Online programmes are accepted on the IT Sligo website. All Online programme web pages contain a link to “Apply Now” or you can follow this link to our Online Application system:
Online Application Process
- The Online Application form requires personal details, previous qualifications, professional accreditation, employment history and a personal statement. We recommend collating all the necessary paperwork i.e. transcripts of previous qualifications, academic certificates before you submit an application.
- Once submitted, our admissions team will contact you to confirm eligibility and request copies of any previous qualifications. You can upload all documents requested in our online Document Upload Area
- Academic staff review every application and approve eligible candidates for the programme.
- Admissions team will notify you if you are accepted onto the course and will request deposit to confirm your place.
- Once the deposit is paid, you will be eligible to Register on the course. The IT Sligo Admissions team will contact you with a link and username & password to Register.
- At Registration you will be asked to confirm how you will be paying fees. Options are available to pay by credit/debit card, instalment plan or request an invoice for payment.
- All forms requesting payment by invoice must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download Invoice Request form Invoice Request Form 2021
- For students who wish to pay fees by instalments, fees can be split and paid over a maximum of two instalments with the first one paid by 30th September and second by 31st January.
- Places are limited, so please apply early.
The springboard+ upskilling initiative in higher education offers free courses at certificate, degree and masters level leading to qualifications in areas where there are employment opportunities in the economy. All Springboard courses must be completed in a 12-month period of study.
All IT Sligo programmes eligible for 20/21 academic year are listed on the IT Sligo website and by searching for IT Sligo on the Springboard+ website. https://springboardcourses.ie/
- Eligibility guide- Springboard+ applicants must meet all residency and nationality/visa requirements, including the applicant has been ordinarily resident in an EU/EEA/Swiss state for at least three of the five years preceding their entry to the programme.
- Returners those who have a previous history of employment but may require upskilling, reskilling or cross-skilling to transition back to the workforce.
- People in Employment A 10% course fee contribution for Level 7, 8, and 9 courses is applicable for employed participants. This is payable directly to the provider.
- The Unemployed or formerly self-employed may apply to all courses with the exception of the two-year part-time ICT conversion courses. Unemployed applicants will also be required to meet additional criteria.
Further details are available: https://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility
Recognition of Prior Learning
At IT Sligo, we recognise that prior learning achieved through accredited courses elsewhere or through experience working in industry/business can contribute to meeting learning outcomes or entry requirements to a specific course.
Our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process involves engaging with the IT Sligo admissions team to assess eligibility and documenting your experience and learning outcomes. We consider each of these applications individually ensuring the student gets the most exemption possible and is on the correct course for their ability.
If you are interested in learning more about RPL and the process, visit the website www.myexperience.ie
IT Sligo Online has 2 intakes per year, the main one being in September with a smaller listing of programmes for January.
- September Intake
- Applications Open: February 1st
- Applications Close: August 31st
- January Intake
- Applications Open: October 1st
- Applications Close: December 31st
If you have any queries about applying for an Online course, please contact:
IT Sligo Admissions
Tel: +353 71 93 18510