Ciência sem Fronteiras Programas de Pós-graduação
Postgraduate Opportunities at IT Sligo for students from Brazil
Science without Borders is a large scale scholarship program primarily funded by the Brazilian federal government. The program seeks to strengthen and expand the initiatives of science and technology, innovation and competitiveness through international mobility of undergraduate and graduate students and researchers.
The program is a joint effort of the Ministry of Education (MEC) and the Ministry of Science and Technology (MCT) through their respective funding agencies – CAPES and CNPq.
The Institutes of Technology will provide opportunities at both undergraduate and postgraduate level under the scheme. Undergraduate students from Brazil can come to Ireland for up to one year of study at Institutes of Technology. Students in the program will return to Brazil to complete their degrees. For further information on undergraduate opportunities please contact the IT Sligo International Office.
Opportunities are also available at both PhD and Postdoctoral level and all are linked to our Research Centre. Please find below details on our postgraduate opportunities.
Para aplicar por favor clique aqui
Sustainable Agricultural Production
- Enhanced Delivery of Ecosystem Services through Agri-environment Management of Farmland
- Investigation of the Occurrence of Pharmaceutical and Personal Care products (PPCP) in Sludge & Wastewater samples using Chromatographic Separation Techniques with Mass Spectrometry Detection.
- Potential of SRC willow for remediation of landfill leachate.
Information and Communication Technologies
Biodiversity & Bioprospection
- An investigation of the activity of Mycosinate (a patented antimicrobial honey derived technology) in the treatment of campylobacter infections in poultry as a means of improving public health.
- Research in the monitoring, enhancement and control of polymer processes with a specific focus on the medical industry, particularly bioresorbable and drug eluting medical devices.
- An investigation into the compatibility and effectiveness of linking Brazilian carbon mitigation and trading strategies with the EUETS (European Union Emissions Trading Scheme).
Housing & Sanitation
- Microbial Source Tracking – Molecular Biology Methods applied to tracking Indicator Microorganisms and pathogenic microorganisms in the environment.
Health and Biomedical Sciences
- Developing blood mitochondrial markers for athletic performance, optimal training and effective recovery regimes.
- Novel anti-tumour drug analysis in leukaemia patient primary cell lines, normal patient primary cell lines and commercial leukaemia cell lines.
- Treatment of Neurodegenerative disorders by biological therapeutics to the central nervous system via retrograde transit through axons from terminal fields.
Engineering and other technological areas
- Geotechnical infrastructure modelling for piled embankments, ground improvement and reinforced soil structures
- Development of robust laser welding processes for bioresorbable and advanced low melting-point polymers
Please note that Science without Borders Postgraduate Opportunities are only available to Brazilian students. For further information please contact the IT Sligo International Office or email email@example.com.