Welcome to the I.T. Sligo Student Health Service
The Student Health Service is available to cater for the medical needs of students while they are away from home, and it is not possible to visit their own GP. It offers both virtual and face to face consultations in a modern health suite, which is conveniently located on the campus grounds. The unit is staffed by a team of nurses and doctors who have extensive experience in student health issues and can offer specialist clinics to students, all completely free of charge! The Student Health Service provides quality medical care to all registered students, using a holistic approach to practice.
Mon-Thurs 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Friday 9.00 am – 2.00 pm
Closed daily for lunch 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Out of Office Hours Medical Care
Students requiring emergency medical care out of hours and at the weekends can call Caredoc Sligo on 0818 365399 between 6pm and 9am (charge for non medical card holders). For a doctor between 5-6pm please call 071 9142550 for details of the doctor on call.
Location: The Student Health Service is located on the ground floor of the Student Centre, beside the SU shop.
Phone: 071 93 05463
Fee: The nursing, medical and counselling services are free to registered students.
Registration: Student Health Services Registration Form
Making an Appointment
The Student Health Service operates on an appointment basis. If you would like to make an appointment:
- Email email@example.com or phone 07193 05463
- Complete the Registration Form
- We offer both in person and virtual appointments.
- A doctor is available onsite every afternoon by appointment. Appointment for the doctors must be made after you have been assessed by the Nurse.
Accidents and Medical Emergencies on campus during office hours
Please call 087 9961873 for an emergency appointment with the Nurse or alternatively contact our First Aid Team on 071 91 55333.
Advice for using the Service
- Include your mobile number in your email and ensure your phone is charged and in coverage to answer the call from our Nurse.
- All medical letters, certs etc will be emailed to you.
- All prescriptions will be sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy.
- Remember to seek repeat prescriptions at least a week before your medication runs out.
- Accidents and medical emergencies will always be given priority.
- Student Medical Service medical records are confidential and will not be passed to another source without the student’s consent.
- Students with a chronic condition, disorder or disability which may require specific support or monitoring are advised to make themselves known to the Student Health Service. This will allow for individual care to be planned for the academic term.
Meet Our Medical & Counselling Team
Our Nursing Team
Our Medical Team
If you wish to ask
a question or make an
inquiry please Email us