Here is everything you need to know about ATU Sligo! We are one of Ireland’s leading third level institutions for over 50 years and a great destination to get a high quality education.
We are a home to over 8,600 students across its undergraduate, postgraduate and apprenticeship programmes.
We offer 80 full time and 150 part time online courses courses across three schools: Business and Social Sciences; Engineering and Design; and Science, as well as a wide range of taught postgraduate courses or research-based opportunities.
Over the last decade we’ve created a stunning 21st century learning environment making the Institute a modern campus.
Sligo campus has an important role in driving economic and social development in the North West of Ireland.
Find us in Sligo under the shadow of Benbulben and at the heart of the Wild Atlantic Way.
About Our Culture and Aims
Why Study here?
- 1st in Ireland for Student to Lecture Ratio
- No 1 destination for Online Learning
- 90% of our Courses Include Work Placement
- 96% of our Graduates Secure Employment
- Over 70 Clubs and Societies
- 3rd in Ireland for Investment in Facilities
- Green Flag Award for Waste Reduction and Energy
- FIFA-approved 3G Artificial Pitches
- 700+ Workspaces in the Yeats Library
- 13% of Students on campus are Mature
- Students access to professional counselling service
The Power of Potential
We are committed to the provision of exceptional higher education in the North-West region and for its online students.
Our close contacts and research collaborations with leading companies and major employers mean students have access to a wide variety of industry placement opportunities.
We also work closely with industry to ensure we provide students with qualifications that employers want.
Sligo offers ample, affordable student accommodation and the campus is within easy reach of the town centre.
Both the town and the surrounding county offer attractive and vibrant lifestyle options leading to a stimulating life for students on and off campus.