The Sligo i-Days will promote health innovation by inviting students from all academic areas to receive an introduction to practical health innovation tools and compete in teams to tackle real-life health challenges. Students will develop ideas into innovative products and services and then pitch those to an expert judging panel. There will be spot prizes throughout and the winning team will attend the Winners’ Event, a final competition that unites students from around Europe.
The challenges are:
- Develop a framework for a Health Service to promote both staff and/or a person’s willingness to adopt a self-management application/platform to support chronic disease management, which translates into their sustained use of that app.
- A tool/initiative/app/programme to develop a healthier third-level campus for all.
Launch event Thursday September 29th – Live online broadcast click below
13:00 – Sligo i-Days overview and challenge description
13:10 – Speaker: Professor Geraldine McCarthy – “Innovation in Mental Health – The Sligo experience”
13:30 – Speaker: Aislinn Gannon – “Digital Transformation in Health Care”
13:50-14:30 – Panel Q & A – “Innovation in Health and Wellbeing – Challenges and Opportunities”
with John Gaffney, Caroline Mahon, Professor Geraldine McCarthy, and Aislinn Gannon
Sligo i-Days Day 1 Thursday 20th October (Schedule subject to change) – ATU Sligo Library Ground Floor
09:00 – Opening address
09:10 – Meet your team
09:20 – Creativity challenge
09:30 – Design thinking workshop (Refreshments will be provided during the workshop)
13:30 – Lunch
14:00 – Creativity challenge
14:30 – Roundtable presentations
16:00-18:00 – Teamwork with mentors (Refreshments will be provided)
Sligo i-Days Day 2 Friday 21st October – Aurivo Auditorium
09:00 – Team final preparations
10:00 – Challenge pitches to an expert panel
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 – Awards and closing remarks
- The winners will present their idea at a European Final in November 2022
- An internship for one team in Prior PLM Medical in summer 2023
- Mentorship from the HSE CHO1 Digital Health team and the opportunity to trial the solution in practice.
- Training to further develop the winning ideas into potentially viable products or services.
- Spot prizes include one-for-all vouchers and restaurant vouchers.
- More to be confirmed.
Please, check this page regularly for updates