This information is for International (Non-EU) applicants who are applying to a full time, on-campus programme at IT Sligo.
International (Non-EU) Tuition Fees
For the academic year 2021/22 the following full time tuition fees will apply for new International (Non-EU) students:
- Foundation / Undergraduate: €10,500
- Postgraduate: €11,500
For the academic year 2021/22 the following payments deadlines will apply:
- Minimum payment of €6,000 before 30 June 2021
- Remaining balance to be paid before beginning of Semester 2 (2021/22)
Further information about Fees and Grants is available online here.
You can pay fees through our TransferMate (formerly Pay to Study) web portal: https://itsligo.paytostudy.com/.
Once payment has been received, you can download a receipt from your TransferMate account. This receipt is accepted for visa and immigration purposes.
Living Costs in Ireland
Living costs in Ireland will vary depending on a student’s personal lifestyle and choice of accommodation. The approximate living costs (excluding tuition fees) for students in Ireland is estimated at €10,000 per academic year.
IT Sligo International Scholarships
Country of Origin Scholarships
IT Sligo offers partial tuition fee scholarships to Non-EU International students depending on their country of origin.
- Countries with a GDP (per capita) of $10,000 (or less): 15% tuition fee scholarship
- Countries with a GDP (per capita) of less than $20,000 but greater than $10,000: 10% tuition fee scholarship
In all instances the determination of GDP figures for applicants to Foundation, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes at IT Sligo will be assessed through the most recently available statistics from the World Bank.
- Eligibility: This scholarship is open to all new Non-EU International students who have received an offer to study on a full time, on-campus programme at IT Sligo and who are subject to Non-EU International Tuition Fees. The scholarship is available to students studying on foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The scholarship is subject to applicants meeting all admissions requirements for their programme.
- Application Process: There is not a separate application process for the scholarship. Eligibility for the scholarship will be reviewed as part of the Non-EU International application.
Continuation of Country of Origin Scholarships
Once a student has been awarded a country of origin scholarship, they can continue to avail of the scholarship during their studies time at IT Sligo, subject to the following condition(s):
- The scholarship will be awarded every year provided that the student successfully progresses in their programme of study with at least a 60% average in yearly examinations.
- If the student must repeat attend OR repeat exams only, they will not qualify for a scholarship for that academic year.
- If the student successfully completes their repeat year, they can qualify for the scholarship again in subsequent years, provided their average is over 60%.
Alumni International Non-EU Scholarship
This tuition fee scholarship is available to Non-EU International students who have graduated from an undergraduate programme at IT Sligo and are progressing to a postgraduate programme at IT Sligo.
- Scholarship Value: 20% of tuition fee of postgraduate programme.
- Eligibility: Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree at IT Sligo and received an offer to study on a full time, on-campus postgraduate programme at IT Sligo. The scholarship is subject to applicants meeting all admissions requirements for their programme and being eligible for Non-EU International Tuition Fees. The Alumni International Non-EU Scholarship cannot be applied in conjunction with the Country of Origin Scholarships.
- Application Process: There is not a separate application process for the scholarship. Eligibility for the scholarships will be reviewed as part of the Non-EU International application process to IT Sligo.
Claddagh Scholarship Program (CSP)
The Claddagh Scholarship Program (CSP) is an initiative aimed at fostering closer links between Ireland and China by encouraging Chinese students to choose Ireland as a study destination. IT Sligo will be offering the following tuition fee scholarships through the Claddagh Scholarship Program for the 2021/22 Academic Year.
- 10x scholarships up to value of €2500 for the 2021/22 Academic Year
- These scholarships are open to students from China who been made an offer to study an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in any full-time programme from the Faculties of Engineering & Design, Science and Business & Social Sciences.
- 4x postgraduate scholarships up to value of €2500 for the 2021/22 Academic Year.
- These scholarships are open to students from China who have been made an offer for MSc Bioprocessing Science.
All scholarships will be awarded as a reduction in tuition fees only. Scholarships cannot be applied in conjunction with any other scholarship awarded by IT Sligo. Scholarships can only be awarded to students who are eligible for Non-EU tuition fees.
Application Process: Further information about the scholarship programme and minimum eligibility criteria can be located online here. To apply, students must register and complete the application form on the Education Ireland website. The application deadline is the 31 May 2021. Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis.