ACCA Ireland is holding a major technology and accounting conference on Friday 12th April (10am-5pm) hosted and sponsored by the Institute of Technology Sligo.
The conference will be opened by the President of the college, Dr Brendan McCormack, PhD and the MC for the day is Marie O’Connor, former PwC Ireland Audit Partner.
Morning session will have talks by:
- Donal O’Byrne, Senior Finance Manager, Microsoft
- Stephen Doyle, Senior Manager, Advisory Services, EY
- Lorraine Hennessy, Controller Global Manufacturer Abbott Diagnostics
- Don Brown, Head of Business Performance, AIB
- Clive Webb, ACCA Professional Insights
The afternoon session will be in four streams and include:
- Education channel: on-line delivery of education at IT Sligo; Introduction to the NUIG MSc in International Accounting and Analytics; Preparing accountants for the future: an introduction to the changes to the ACCA syllabus; and innovative ways to educate using technology from Swinburne University of Technology.
- Accounting solutions channel: demonstrations and presentations from Sage; Relate; Xero and Surf accounting packages.
- Accounting technology channel: Robotics in action, cyber security, Revenue; and AI in accounting.
- Technology employers channel is an opportunity for a number of new local technology sector employers to showcase their companies’ products and services and to identify the opportunities they have on offer.
Many of the companies providing speakers for the event will also have information stands which will be open from midday.
For more details on event contact :
Niamh Sheehan – Niamh.Sheehan@nullaccaglobal.com – Phone 01 498 8902
Date : 12th April 2019, 10am – 5pm (7 hours)
Venue : Aurivo Auditorium, IT Sligo
Capacity : 300
CPD Units*: 7
The Clayton Hotel Sligo are offering the following rates:
- Thursday 11th April – IT Sligo Corporate Rate – €84 Bed & Breakfast Single Occupancy
- Friday 12th April – €129 Bed & Breakfast Single Occupancy
- Saturday 13th April – €129 Bed & Breakfast Single Occupancy
The Radisson Hotel Sligo only have availability for Thursday night with the following corporate rates:
- €82 B&B single occupancy
- €92 B&B double occupancy
*CPD Units are only verifiable if the event attended provides skills and/or knowledge relevant to your job or career aspirations.