Transfer /Add on Applications
Students can use their qualifications to transfer to Ordinary Degree or Honours Degree Courses in Atlantic Technological University, other Institutes of Technology and Universities.
At ATU Sligo we offer our undergraduate students a broad choice of programmes across Higher Certificate, Bachelor Degree, and Honours Bachelor Degree Levels.
After you graduate, you can also study at Master’s and Doctoral level at ATU Sligo, depending on your subject area and qualifications.
Progression/ Add on Courses
Add-on/Direct Application form
View our current Progression routes available in ATU Sligo
Applicants currently studying or have previously studied but not completed a programme in another Higher Education Institution and now wish to transfer into Year 2, 3, 4 of an Ab-Initio programme in ATU Sligo.
Advanced Entry applications will depend on the availability of places and on the supporting documentation submitted.
How to Apply
- Download and complete a Transfer Application Form (for year 2, 3, 4 entry).
- Submit a transcript of your Higher Education Results for each year of study completed to date.
- Closing date: 1st April
- Transfer Offers Issued: Early July
- Acceptance of Offer: 2 weeks from receipt of offer by email
- Commencement of Academic Year: September
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you are applying as an International Student, please apply via How to Apply – Institute of Technology Sligo (itsligo.ie)
This applies to:
- Non-EU Applicants
- EU/EEA applicants applying for postgraduate programmes
- EU/EEA applicants applying for advanced entry / transfer to undergraduate programmes
An offer letter will be issued to you by email in July.
2 weeks from receipt of email.