The Aim of Student Support Services at IT Sligo is to provide a comprehensive and caring service to help our students achieve their full academic and personal potential.
The Careers Office provides information, advice and support to our students and graduates to plan and progress their career goals. The office can help with;
- Careers Guidance
- CV Writing & Application form completion
- Interview Skills
- Careers Talks & Job fairs
- To book an appointment please register with IT Sligo Careers Service
Student Medical Service
The Student Medical Service is available to all registered students and apprentices during office hours throughout the academic year. We are located on the ground floor of the Student Centre beside the Students’ Union.
We aim to provide a student friendly service with particular attention given to preventative medicine, health promotion and healthy lifestyles. It is intended to provide you with acute medical care during the week, only when it is not possible to attend your own regular GP.
Student Counselling Service
The Student Counselling Service is a confidential student support available free of charge to all registered IT Sligo students. Counselling offers students the opportunity to explore any issue which may be impacting on your mental health and wellbeing.
Mental Health Promotion – Throughout the year, the service runs a number of mental health promotions & provide information on a wide range of mental health issues including; Anxiety/ Panic Attacks, Depression, Loss and bereavement, Eating Disorders and Alcohol/Drug Misuse.
The aim of the International Office is to support and develop internationalisation at IT Sligo. We have a vibrant international community on campus and are keen to make your stay at IT Sligo a memorable and productive one. We understand that there are challenges to studying abroad in a culture that is new to you. We are here to help, so please call in for a chat at any stage.
The international office also manages the Erasmus programme which gives IT Sligo students the opportunity to study or take a work placement abroad within Europe. This is a great opportunity to enhance your language skills, make friends and learn in a new and challenging way.
Pastoral Care Service
The Pastoral Care team support students in their spiritual and personal growth during their time in IT Sligo and help students experiencing illness, trauma or bereavement. Students are always welcome to drop into the office for a chat or to make an appointment. The Pastoral Care Service is available to students of all faiths and to those who have none.
The Sanctuary is the Institute multi-faith prayer room. It is always open for students and staff to escape the rush of life and create a space for quiet reflection and prayer.
Every student at IT Sligo is automatically a member of the Students’ Union. The IT Sligo Students’ Union (ITSSU) offer a range of services, support, advice, events and opportunities that help students better their time in IT Sligo.
They work with students in the following ways:
- Help you find accommodation
- Support you in setting up a new club or society
- Arrange all the major student events on campus
- Freshers Week; RAG Week; Day out at the Races; Graduation Ball as well as a long list of other events throughout the academic year
- Support your physical, sexual and mental health
- Campaign on issues that are important to you at a national level with the Students Union of Ireland (SUI)
- Help you with any issue that is affecting you at as an IT Sligo student
- They have a dedicated space in the Student Services Building with hang out space, place to charge your phone and socialise.
- They operate a Students Union shop for all your stationary, snacks, phone top up and health products.
Click on the links for more information