This page contains links to further information for currently registered research students. If you cannot find what you are looking for here, please contact us directly.
Training and Workshops
IT Sligo provides a range of formal & informal training workshops & courses for research students. The training needs of each individual should be established at the outset of each project and reviewed during the course of the project. . Examples of training and workshops are: Research Methodology, Referencing (EndNote), Project Management, Grant Writing, SPSS, Ethics, and Health and Safety. If you have any queries about your training needs contact the Research Office.
Resources and Support
There are a variety of supports available to you at IT Sligo ranging from academic to social. Interaction between peers, renowned experts in a particular field and potential employers is an essential part of personal and professional development for any research student. If you can’t find what you are looking for then drop in to the Research office for guidance on all available supports.
- Research Office – Project Administration, Finance, Purchase Orders, Project Management.
- Library – Online databases, Research Repositories, ( all new Research students will get a personal induction to Library services when commencing their programme at IT Sligo )
- Student Services – Link to IT Sligo Student Services.
- Knocknarea Arena (Sports Facilities) – Link to details of Gym, Athletics Track, Sports etc.
- Clubs and Societies – Link to Clubs and Societies page on SU Page.
- Postgraduate Society – Link to IT Sligo Postgraduate Society Webpage and FaceBook.
- Lab Users Group – Link to IT Sligo Lab Users Group Page.
Regulations and Forms
There is a Code of Practice produced by the Research office that all research students are expected to read and adhere to.
This Document sets out the elements of the postgraduate research process and describes how each element is assured within the Quality Assurance system of IT System. The Code of Practice should be read in conjunction with IT Sligo Intellectual Property Policy, The Quality Manual. Anyone whose professional work is primarily base in IT Sligo should read the Staff Handbook which is available from the Human Resources Office.
- Progress Form – Supervisor
- Progress Form – Student
- IP policy and Procedures
- Application Form to Transfer to PHD
- Notice of Intention to Present ITSligo ( Notice be submitted 2 months in advance )
- Travel and Expenses
Fees & Scholarships
The postgraduate research fees for the academic year 2015/16 are as follows: The Annual Tuition Fees for EU Citizens for a Masters by Research & PhD are €3,819 p.a. ( Registration fee €3,000, Tuition fee: €819 ) Some non-EU students may qualify, depending on their legal status. The Annual Tuition Fees for International (Non-EU) Citizens for a Masters by Research or PhD are €9,500 per annum. This includes the Institute’s registration/exam fee. The annual increase of these fees will be in line with the Department of Education and Science increase in Tuition Fees for the previous year. A Masters by Research normally is two years. A PhD is three years. In order to be a fully registered post graduate student, annual fees need to be paid in full.
For career advice including job opportunities, CV advice contact:
Other useful websites are:
- www.gradireland.com & www.postgradireland.com for graduate and postgraduate opportunities.
- Irish Research Staff Association
- Vacancies at IT Sligo : Click here for information of Employment Opportunities at IT Sligo