This page contains links to further information for currently registered research students. If you cannot find what you are looking for here, please contact us directly.
Resources and Support
There are a variety of supports available to you at ATU Sligo ranging from academic to social. Interaction between peers, renowned experts in a particular field and potential employers is an essential part of personal and professional development for any research student. If you can’t find what you are looking for then drop in to the Research office for guidance on all available supports.
- Research Office – Project Administration, Finance, Purchase Orders, Project Management.
- Library – Online databases, Research Repositories, (all new Research students will get a personal induction to Library services when commencing their programme at IT Sligo)
- Student Support Services
- Knocknarea Arena (Sports Facilities)
- Clubs and Societies
- Postgraduate Society
- Careers Service at ATU Sligo
- GradIreland for graduate and postgraduate opportunities.
- Vacancies at ATU Sligo for information on Employment Opportunities at IT Sligo
Training and Workshops
IT Sligo provides a range of formal & informal training workshops & courses for research students. The training needs of each individual should be established at the outset of each project and reviewed during the course of the project. Examples of training and workshops are: Research Methodology, Referencing (EndNote), Project Management, Grant Writing, SPSS, Ethics, and Health and Safety. If you have any queries about your training needs contact the Research Office.
Regulations and Forms
There is a Code of Practice produced by the Research office that all research students are expected to read and adhere to.
This Document sets out the elements of the postgraduate research process and describes how each element is assured within the Quality Assurance system of IT System. The Code of Practice should be read in conjunction with IT Sligo Intellectual Property Policy, The Quality Manual. Anyone whose professional work is primarily base in IT Sligo should read the Staff Handbook which is available from the Human Resources Office.
- Student Progress Form – Supervisor
- Student Progress Form – Student
- IT Sligo IP Policy
- Application for PG programme
- Application to Transfer to PhD
- Notice of Intention to transfer to PhD ( Notice be submitted 2 months in advance )
- – Travel and Expenses – contact the Research Office for appropriate forms
- National Policy Statement on Ensuring Research Integrity in Ireland 2014
Research Professional is an online database of research funding opportunities and a source of international research policy and practice news. As a member of a subscribing institution, you are free to browse the content of the site, create customised searches of its content and share this information with colleagues. Your personal account with Research Professional can be accessed (when on-campus) here.