IT Sligo is ranked number 1 for flexible learning students in the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.
Get the SKILLS you need for the CAREER you want. Take that next step and study part-time online at IT Sligo. Learn from the leaders in online learning and join Ireland’s largest online learning community. With over 4,500 students currently learning part-time, you will join a supportive learning environment.
- View full list of courses available in January 2021
- Key Dates for applications
- How to Apply
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get in Contact
January 2021 Intake Programmes
|Course Title||Level||Duration||EU Fees5|
|Faculty of Engineering and Design|
|Postgraduate Certificate in Road Safety Audit and Engineering1||9||13 weeks||€3,000|
|Masters (MSc) in Computing in Data Science2||9||2 yrs||€9,000|
|Certificate in Lean Sigma Quality (Six Sigma Green Belt)||7||13 weeks||€1,500|
|Faculty of Science|
|Certificate in Health and Safety Representation3||6||13 weeks|
|Certificate in Irish Archaeology||7||1 yr||€2,350|
|BSc in Environmental Management||7||2 yrs||€5,000|
|BSc (Hons) in Environmental Management||8||2 yrs||€5,000|
|Postgraduate Diploma Environmental Protection||9||2 yrs||€4,500|
|Certificate in Biopharmaceutical Processing4||6||1 yr|
|BSc (Hons) Biopharmaceutical Science||8||2 yrs||€9,000|
|Postgraduate Certificate in Bioanalytical Techniques4||9||1 yr||€2,000|
|Faculty of Business and Social Sciences|
|Certificate in Social Media Marketing3||6||13 weeks||€1,500|
1. Eligible for TII funding. Prospective students should contact the funding bodies directly to confirm eligibility.
2.Eligible for Sligo Chamber Skillnet funding. Prospective students should contact the funding bodies directly to confirm eligibility.
3. Springboard funded places available. Programmes listed as Springboard funded, have a limited number of Free (Unemployed and Level 6 courses) or Partially Funded (90% funded for Level 7-9) places available. Applications must be made directly through the Springboard+ platform, available at www.springboardcourses.ie
4. Springboard funded places available. Joint programme delivery with NIBRT (National Institute for Biopharmaceutical Research and Training). Apply to Springboard with NIBRT as the Provider
5. All Fees quoted above are EU Fees. Non-EU fees are quoted on individual programme pages.
- Applications open on Monday, November 16th
- Applications close on Friday, 8th January 2021
- Teaching commences on Monday, 25th January 2021
- Online Learning Induction dates (TBC)
How to Apply for an Online Course
- Applications are accepted via our online application system.
- Simply select the Academic Year you wish to begin your studies (e.g. 2021) and select the course name you wish to apply for from the dropdown list.
- Places are limited and we recommend applying early to avoid disappointment.
- All applications are assessed by our academic staff to ensure any stated entry requirements are meet. Please check individual programme web pages for entry requirements.
- Applicants need to upload any documentation requested e.g. past transcripts, copy of current CV etc. It is best to have these available to ensure your application can be processed in a timely fashion.
- Once assessed and if you successful, you will be contacted by our admissions team confirming your place. Depending on application volumes, it can take between 1- 3 weeks from submission to acceptance.
- In order to secure your place, admissions will request a deposit of €250. The deposit can be paid online via debit/credit card.
- If your employer is assisting with funding your fees, please ensure you state this on your application. You can request an invoice by completing this Invoice Request Form and submitting the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications who have been accepted onto a programme and have paid their deposit will be invited to Register with IT Sligo, prior to teaching commencing. It is important that all new students complete the online registration process, as only registered students can access the Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle), where all timetable, lecture and course resources are available.
If you have a query about your course, the application process, fees or funding, then please get in contact with our admissions team via phone or email. They are happy to assist with any queries you have to help you get started on your new learning journey.
Telephone: +353 (0)71 93 18510