Student Ambassador Programme
Join the Student Ambassador Programme 2023/2024
ATU Sligo is recruiting student ambassadors for the upcoming academic year! This programme is a great way to gain experience working alongside the ATU Sligo Marketing team, assisting in the recruitment of future ATU Sligo students.
There’s lots of ways to help out – from sharing your own student story, taking pictures/videos for social media, taking part in open days and much more!
Closing date for applications is 29th Sept 2023 and the application form is below – looking forward to meeting you!
What do Student Ambassadors do?
Ambassadors gain relevant work experience and useful skills while helping ATU Sligo’s Marketing team through a variety of activities, depending on what interests you. You won’t have to do all of the below but here’s a few examples of activities we do!
1. Representing ATU Sligo at Open Days & Events This can be through campus tours, school visits, course talks (live or virtual), student life talks and more
2. Chatting to future ATU Sligo students Help prospective students learn more about ATU Sligo by chatting to them online and in person at open days and at recruitment events
3. Capturing social media content Help create an exciting social media presence for ATU Sligo – particularly for channels like TikTok, Snapchat and Instagram by capturing images & videos of student life.
4. Showcase the ATU Sligo experience Share your own stories of the academic and social experience at ATU Sligo by featuring in videos & photoshoots, social media and podcasts.
5. Helping with student recruitment Working with the ATU Sligo Marketing Team on how to encourage secondary school students to consider IT Sligo and give your feedback on the ATU Sligo promotional materials and activities.
There may be other activities that come up from time to time.
Benefits of the Ambassador Programme
ATU Sligo Ambassadors will be rewarded in a variety of ways depending on the activities undertaken. It’s a great way to add to your CV while helping your college. Some of the benefits include:
1. Vouchers for taking part in events and/or creating social media content linked to volunteer hours completed.
2. A goodie bag including ATU Sligo Hoodie and merchandise.
3. A Digital Badge in Student Volunteering, recognising each Ambassadors contribution
4. Induction and training on the Student Ambassador programme.
5. Work experience and training with a team that specialises in a variety of disciplines including marketing, creative design, event management, communications and digital media.
6. All Ambassadors will receive work references and professional headshots for CVs and LinkedIn Profiles
Who is eligible to be a Student Ambassador?
With flexible hours and priority given to your academic calendar this is a varied and exciting role and we welcome applicants across the ATU Sligo student community, reflecting the diversity on our campus. Whether you study part-time or full-time, on-campus or online, we would love to hear from you.
• Interpersonal & Communications skills – Happy working within a team, communicating and listening to others and being comfortable at presenting
• Enthusiastic, Creative & Motivated – Enjoy coming up with ideas and then finding ways to make those ideas happen
• Interested in Digital Media Creation creating content and brainstorming ideas for social media, podcasts, ATU Sligo videos & the ATU Sligo website
• Organised, Flexible & Reliable – Enjoy working on projects and ensuring milestones are reached on time
• Full clean driving licence (not essential)
• Good writing skills (not essential)
Ambassador hours are flexible and can vary depending on the time of year – throughout the academic year there are some busier times such as around Open Days . ATU Sligo will ensure priority is given to the Ambassador’s academic calendar and any university commitments they may have.