New Student Registration
Congratulations on getting a place in Atlantic Technological University (ATU) Sligo.
This information is for new students who are beginning their studies in January 2024
- All new students must register at the start of each academic year.
- Before you can register, you must set up your ATU Account
- You will receive an email when you are eligible to register. This will be sent to the email address you provided during your application.
- For courses beginning in January 2024, teaching starts on Monday 22nd January.
- If you have difficulties registering, please see our FAQ.
Important: ATU Sligo will be closed between 23rd December 2023 and 2nd January 2024.
Setup and Log in to Your ATU Account
Setup the Authenticator App/Multi-Factor-Authentication (MFA) here. This is an essential security measure to keep ATU systems and your data safe.
- Password: Please check your email for details about the password you should use. This will be the email address that you used to apply to ATU. You can change your password any time here; your new password must be a minimum of 12 characters long.
Need further help? If you have difficulties setting up your ATU account, please contact IT Services for assistance. If you cannot access the IT Services student helpdesk, you can also contact IT Services here or visit them on campus in Room E1011
ATU Student Number & Email Address: Your student number will be in the email inviting you to register. Your email address is in the format firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: Your ATU student number will be in the email inviting you to register. Your ATU email address is in the format - email@example.com
Register for Your Course
Before beginning registration you should take the following actions:
- Review the ATU Registration Video Guide and the ATU Student Guide to Online Registration.
- Have a photo ready to upload for your student ID Card. The file size must be less than 150KB. The file type must be JPG/JPEG.
- You need to confirm personal information when registering including (if applicable) PPS Number, SUSI Reference Number and details of previous third level study. Please have this information available.
- You will need need a debit or credit card to pay fees. During the registration process, all students will be asked if they want to pay their fees. You can make a full or partial payment or you can choose not to make a payment. Please be aware that failure to pay fees by the relevant deadlines will result in the loss of access to Moodle/Exam Results. For further information about fees, payment plans and deadlines , please refer to the Fees and Grants webpages.
Begin Registration: Log into Self-Service Banner using your ATU login details.
Moodle is the eLearning platform we use to allow you access to course material.
It may take up to 24 hours after you have completed your registration in the step above before you can access your course material on Moodle.
You should login to Moodle with your ATU details e.g. studentID@nullatu.ie
Do you have trouble logging into Moodle? Watch Moodle Help Video here.
Registration for the 2023/24 Academic Year is expected to open in late August.
You will receive an email from the Admissions Office once you are eligible to register.
The registration email will be sent to the email address you provided in your application to ATU Sligo. Please keep a check on this email account including your junk/spam folders.
- Students applying to Online / Part Time must have accepted their offer and paid their booking deposit or completed an employer invoice request form (where applicable) before they will become eligible to register.
Full Time Courses Delivered on Campus
- Year 1 : If you have applied to Year 1 via CAO, you will receive a registration email after you have accepted your place through CAO. For more information on accepting your CAO offer, watch Central Applications Office (cao.ie)
- Transfer Student/ Add on Programme- If you have applied directly to ATU Sligo and received an offer you will receive a registration email in late August.
You will only receive your registration email once you are eligible to register. Please see FAQ ‘When can I register’ for further information about when you will become eligible.
If you are eligible to register but have not received your registration email, please check your junk/spam folders. Your registration email will be sent to the email address you provided in your application to ATU Sligo.
Your ATU student number will be included in the email inviting you to register.
Your ATU email address is in the format : firstname.lastname@example.org
For example: if your student number is SXXXXXXXX then your email address will be SXXXXXXXX@nullatu.ie
Registration holds are placed on students accounts that have outstanding fees from previous academic years.
Outstanding fees will need to be paid before you can register.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Please inlcude your application and/or student number.
Have you received your registration email informing you that you are eligible to register?
If you have not received this email, you will not be able to register. Please see FAQ ‘When can I register’ for further information about when you can expect to receive your registration email.
If you have received your registration email, you should see a notification on the top right corner when you log into self-service banner e.g. – ‘You have active action items available for your review’.
- If you see this notification, please click on it and complete registration.
- If you do not see a notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your student number.
All students must upload a photo as part of the registration process for their student ID card. If you are unable to upload a photo, please check the following:
- The image file must be less than 150KB. Images over 150KB cannot be accepted. You should resize your image, or use another image, and upload again.
- You must check the ‘confirm’ box before you select the paperclip icon.
For more detailed information please see the ATU Student Guide to Online Registration.
In the first instance, please refer to the ATU Student Guide to Online Registration.
This guide contains detailed information about each step of the online registration process. You will find helpful tips and screenshots to to help you complete every activity.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact Admissions for further assistance. You should include your student number and detailed information about the specific problem you are having. Please include screenshots when possible.
It may take up to 24 hours after you have completed your registration before you can access your course material on Moodle.
If it has been longer than 24 hours, and you are still having issues with accessing Moodle, please contact IT Services.
You are required to upload a photo as part of the registration process. This photo will be used for your Student ID Card.
Student ID Cards will be posted to the address on your student record in Semester 1.
Please check that the address on your student record is correct during registration.
Further information about Student Cards is available here.
If you need further help, please contact the relevant support team.
Please include your student number in all correspondence.
**Important: ATU Sligo will be closed between 23rd December 2023 and 2nd January 2024. Unfortunately it will not be possible to respond to enquiries during this time period**
For course registration issues / queries.
Admissions Office. Room A1006.
Fees and Grants
For fee and payment issues/queries
Admissions Office. Room A1006.
For ATU account issues/queries including MFA, login and technical issues.
Raise a ticket with IT Services via the IT Services Student Helpdesk
If you cannot access the student helpdesk, you can also contact IT Services here or visit Room E1011.