LEVEL 5 – STUDENT UPDATE 1st January 2021
In response to the government’s announcement regarding national restrictions on the movement of people, IT Sligo will further reduce on campus activity. All students are asked to study remotely until further notice. More information will be sent to students via email. Please monitor your email for further information.
LEVEL 5 – STUDENT UPDATE 20TH OCTOBER
In response to the government’s announcement on Monday evening regarding national restrictions on the movement of people, IT Sligo will further reduce on campus activity from tomorrow evening, Wednesday 21st of October.
The Institute has reviewed all of their activities to ensure that they are in alignment with the Nationwide move to Level 5 restrictions tomorrow night. Your health & wellbeing are our priority.
You will only be expected to attend for essential activity such as practical’s, workshops and studio workshops. Your programme team will inform you of any changes to your timetable. Programme teams will continue to monitor required campus activity. Unless you hear to the contrary please follow your current timetable.
- Students should not attend any campus activity if they are feeling unwell, have a positive COVID diagnosis or have been in close contact or suspect they have been in contact with some diagnosed with COVID.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms you must phone your GP and self-isolate immediately. Additional information is available from the Institute at www.itsligo.ie/covid-19
- Please contact your lecturer if you are unable to attend scheduled campus attendance. Whilst attendance is important we appreciate these are unprecedented times and that you may not be able to attend for all activity. Keeping your lecturer informed is vitally important so we can support your learning.
- If you have been told to self-isolate or restrict your movements you must not leave your accommodation and should follow HSE guidelines. .
- From midnight, Wednesday 21st of September, everyone must restrict their movements to within 5km. However, travel to and from the campus for education purposes is allowed.
- Visits to other accommodation is not permitted. You must reduce your social contacts to those within your household.
- If you are not required on campus, we would ask students to return home if it is safe to do so.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms you must phone your GP and self isolate immediately. Additional information is available from the Institute at www.itsligo.ie/covid-19
- All Student Support Services are available remotely including, Student Counselling, Academic Support, library and Health Services.
Your actions off campus are vitally important. We know this is a very challenging development for us all but we must hold firm for these next few weeks by reducing our social contacts and restricting our movements.
Please monitor your email and our website and social media for further updates.
We thank you for your ongoing support in following the health guidelines.
If you experiencing issues or have queries please contact:
- Admissions queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical issues: email@example.com
- Exam queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Faculty of Engineering & Design queries: email@example.com
In relation to academic queries, please link firstly with the lecturer of your module. If it is a programme query please link with your year coordinator or programme chairperson. If they are unable to assist with certain issues, please email your relevant Head of Department who may be able to assist.
Thank you for your patience! We will get back to you as soon as possible. If you are waiting more than 48 hours for a response please contact our Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question or problem with logging in? Please contact one of these three areas:
For any queries in relation to fees/ registration/ change of address/forms to be signed/ stamped. PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com
If you have any form to be signed, please scan or photograph and attach to e-mail and it will be processed for you.
Please note the office is closed to visitors.
If you have queries in relation to examinations etc. PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing any technical or registration issues such as logging into Moodle or gaining access to emails please visit here.
Watch a video instruction on how to use MS Teams here.
We are ready to give you any support you need during these challenging times. Your Health Service may look a bit different this year as we lean towards virtual medicine for the protection of all.
A virtual clinic is a consultation with the nurse or doctor by phone or video call (using Microsoft Teams) instead of a face-to-face meeting. If it is medically required for you to attend the Health Service, this can be organised for you. Click here to find out how to make an appointment with the Health Service or have Covid-19 Symptoms.
Student Counselling Service
Welcome to IT Sligo Student Counselling Service. We are ready to give you psychological support during these challenging times.
The Student Counselling Service is open Monday to Friday 9am until 4pm.
To make an appointment with the Student Counselling Service
· Phone the Health Service reception on 071-93 05463 between 9am-4pm, Mon to Friday
· Closed for lunch 12.30pm until 1.30pm · Email email@example.com please specify in your email if you would like an appointment:
(a) In Person , (b)Online (via Teams) (c)By Telephone
You will be asked to sign and return consent forms online prior to your Counselling appointment. All forms will be emailed to you.
Do not attend the Student Counselling Service in person when seeking an appointment.