The 2019 Irish Survey of Student Engagement (ISSE) has opened for students of IT Sligo.
This year’s survey is tailored for first year, final year undergraduate, taught postgraduate students and postgraduate research students.
30 third level institutions are participating in this nationwide survey.
The main purpose of it is to provide benefits to each institution and its students by helping to improve feedback and appropriate action. Objectives include:
- To increase transparency in relation to the student experience in higher education institutions
- To enable direct student input on levels of engagement and satisfaction with their higher education institution
- To identify good practice that enhances the student experience
- To assist institutions to identify issues and challenges affecting the student experience
- To serve as a guide for continual enhancement of institutions’ teaching and learning and student engagement
- To document the experiences of the student population, thus enabling year on year comparisons of key performance indicators
- To provide insight into student opinion on important issues of higher education policy and practice
- To facilitate comparison with other higher education systems internationally.
This national survey is managed as a collaborative partnership, and is co-sponsored by the Higher Education Authority (HEA), institutions’ representative bodies (Institutes of Technology Ireland, IOTI, and the Irish Universities Association, IUA) and the Union of Students in Ireland (USI).
The survey only takes 5 minutes to complete.
It is available to complete from 18th February until 8th March.
For more information, visit studentsurvey.ie