International Student Assistance Fund
The International Student Assistance Fund (ISAF) is designed to support non-EU students with ongoing financial support due to evidenced financial hardship.
ISAF records are kept strictly confidential.
Full-time, non-EU International Students (defined by domicile) registered on an ATU Sligo undergraduate or postgraduate course (not less than one year in duration).
Non-EU International Students registered on full-time courses that lead to a higher education award level 6-10 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Non-EU International PhD students at ATU Sligo are eligible to apply provided they are in the first four years of their study only.
Non-EU International Students on courses that do not lead to a higher education award are not eligible to apply for ISAF.
Non-EU International Students on online/Springboard + courses, or who are on blended/distance learning courses, are not eligible to apply.
The ISAF is available to assist non-EU international students who are unable to meet day-to day expenses, which may include:
– Technology hardware (e.g. laptop);
– Books and class materials;
– Heating and lighting bills;
– Essential travel;
– Medical costs.
The above list is not exhaustive. It is important that the nature of the expenditure for which assistance is being sought is clearly identified.
Funding is not available to assist students with the cost of tuition fees or student loans.
1. Please book a 1-1 meeting via the link below. The required information must be filled out in the booking system, this includes why you wish to apply for ISAF.
2. If you successfully pass the 1-1 meeting stage the International Office will supply you with the application form.
3. You will complete the application form and provide documentation to support the application. The application form should be returned to the email@example.com
4. The Assessment Committee will review the application. Applicants will receive email notifications on the decision of the committee. Further instructions of how payment will be made will be sent to successful candidates.
The committee may require further clarification in relation to aspects of the application.
START YOUR ISAF APPLICATION HERE
Applicants are entitled to have their application reconsidered if they are not satisfied with the outcome. Applicants may be able to revise their application or submit new information.