Programme Code: SG_EELEC_K08
About Electronic Engineering
Electronic Engineering at Level 8 investigates platforms for implementing advanced embedded systems. Typical platforms are 32-bit RISC processors, DSPs, FPGAs and configurable system on chip technology. These platforms may also incorporate the use of a real time operating system (RTOS). An important application area for advanced embedded systems is audio and image processing.
About this Programme
This programme is an add-on year to any Level 7 Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronic Engineering.
Having completed the programme, you will be able to:
- Program a 32-bit RISC microcontroller and interface it to the real world.
- Use software and hardware tools to process signals digitally.
- Program and configure operating systems.
- Program field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs).
- Complete an advanced embedded systems project.
- Research current applications and future possibilities for nanotechnology in electronic engineering.
Key Course Information
Download a PDF Brochure about this course Here
Award: Level 8
Application Closing Date : 31st August 2020
Merit Grade at Level 7 (Ordinary Degree) in Electronic Engineering or related discipline. Applicants with other qualifications and/or with relevant industrial experience will also be considered through IT Sligo’s RPL process.
Career opportunities exist in software engineering, hardware design engineering and research and development.
|Per 5 credit module||€800|
|Per 10 credit module||€1,600