Computing is an exciting, fulfilling career choice. We do recognise however that it can be difficult to fully appreciate the differences between different computing programmes. We also believe that there is no better way to help you make that decision than by experiencing a range of computing modules. For this reason, all our CAO computing programmes share a common first year. These modules provide an excellent foundation to your further study but more importantly they help you confirm which programme is right for you.
The BSc in Computing is a 3 year programme where you begin in this shared first year alongside all other computing students across our programmes. At year-end, we counsel you on your next step offer the following programmes to join:
- B.A. (Ord) App Design & User Experience (UX)
- B.Sc. (Ord) Computing (Smart Technologies)
- B.Sc. (Ord) Software Development
- B.Sc. (Ord) Computer Networks and Cloud Computing
- B.Sc. (Ord) Games Development
After your 3rd year, you may choose to continue your study in that computer programme to acquire a Level 8 Honours degree (all but Games Development offer a Level 8 degree).
Entry requirements for CAO 2020 courses at ITSligo are available for download below:
- Download Entry requirements for just Level 7 programmes
- Download Entry requirements for all programmes
Level 7: 5O6/H7: O6/H7 in English or Irish, F2/O6/H7 in Maths.