This programme aims to introduce students to the core concepts within health project management. Students will also gain insights into using leadership skills for the effective management of change. Students will also become proficient in a range of research methods and tools in qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research approaches.
Objectives of Post-Graduate Certificate in Health Project Management
- To develop knowledge and analytical skills in the planning and delivery of evidence based health projects.
- To develop leadership and health project management competencies and show evidence of using these in health or other settings
- To develop competencies in quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods research design
- To develop self – reflective and leadership skills in the management of organisational change and in health project management
- To develop professional practice skills to work autonomously and in collaboration with a broad range of relevant stakeholders.
Key Course Information
Application Closing Date : 31st August 2020
Applications with a 2.2 Honours award in a relevant discipline may apply.
Applicants who do not meet this entry criterion may be considered through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Advice, guidance and support for applicants can on be found at www.myexperience.ie
As Healthy Ireland encourages all sectors of society to engage in promoting health we welcome graduates from a wide variety of backgrounds including but not limited to health science/ health promotion, sport and leisure, education, social sciences and childcare.
Graduates will be suitably qualified to work in a wide range of health, community and workplace settings.
Roles may include health promotion and development officers for a range of topics for example sport/physical activity, mental health and sexual health with various population groups.
Graduates may pursue careers as health project officers or health project managers, development officers, researchers and as wellness practitioners.
Graduates can apply continue onto the Diploma or MSc in Health Promotion and Project Management or apply to funded PhD within the Institute or other Institutes.
Total Fees: €2,000.
|Health Project Management||10|
|Quantitative Methods for Health Research||05|
|Change Management and Leadership in Health Project Management||10|
|Qualitative & Mixed Methods for Health Research||05|