The MSc in Quality is two-year part-time programme designed for graduates who are currently in quality engineering and/or management positions and who wish to expand their knowledge towards the strategic aspects of the quality management and quality science.
About this Programme
This programme will provide the students with the skills and tools necessary to meet the demands of the next generation employability allowing them to advocate and implement strategic and change management programmes and co-ordinate and manage these in a global environment. The emphasis is on developing expertise as quality management professionals, providing the tools, methods, knowledge and skills that are necessary to achieve adaptability, flexibility, creativity and innovation. The necessary skills and competencies will be developed to allow graduates to move beyond the operational level and to facilitate the resolution of strategic issues such as the corporate quality strategy and its implementation in an international context.
Aims and Objectives:
The objectives of the programme are to ensure that graduates will:
- Possess a state-of-the-art knowledge of current practices and standards relating to quality.
- Enhance their ability to apply a significant range of professional skills, practices and techniques in management.
- Achieve an understanding of the nature of global competition, comparative performance and performance measurement.
- Develop skills to become leaders and innovators in the application of Quality principles and techniques.
- Develop as quality management professionals for senior roles in the service and manufacturing industry
Key Course Information
Study hours: Whether you are studying part-time online, blended or full-time online, it is very important that you allocate enough study time to your online course to stay focused, reduce stress and achieve your goals. For part-time online or blended learning, it is recommended that you should try to allow for 7 hours per week for a 5 credit module.
Live Lectures: Live lectures normally take place between 6pm and 10pm, Monday to Thursday but this may vary depending on the availability of specific lecturers. For the Msc in Quality, students must expect to attend live classes 2-3 times per week and each class lasts approximately 1/1.5 hours. If the Live Classroom scheduled times for the live online lectures do not suit you, recordings will be made available through Moodle.
Application Closing Date : 31st August 2022
Participants must have one of the following academic qualifications:
- A 2nd class BSc Hons degree in Quality Management or Higher Diploma in Quality (Level 8.) or equivalent.
- 2nd class Hons (Level 8.) graduates who are currently in quality engineering/management positions within their respective organisations. These candidates will be selected following interview.
- Candidates not holding the required qualifications, but with significant relevant industrial experience at managerial level will be assessed using the Institute RPL process. Graduates who have not obtained this minimum may incorporate other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience and apply for assessment via the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process. RPL is a process that may allow you to gain admission to a programme or to receive exemptions/ credit for some parts of the programme based on demonstrated learning that you may have achieved through another programme of study or through your work or career. Further information is available at www.myexperience.ie which our dedicated RPL portal or by contacting our admissions team at admissions@itsligo.
Typically, graduates will be employed as quality managers or senior quality engineers.
Total Programme Fees:
Fees per annum:
|System Simulation modeling and Analysis||5|
|Applied Project Management||5|
|Advanced Experimental Design||5|
|Research Thesis (Full year)||20|
|Value Stream Optimisation||5|