Current PhD Student
Numerical and experimental analysis of machined biomedical implants for enhanced tribological performance
During the last few years, the machining of metallic biomedical implants has attained much attention for its potential to improve surface integrity and biomedical characteristics. The precise machining techniques in biomedical implant materials (Ti6Al4V) necessitate the optimal set of cutting parameters to attain the required micro-structural properties for long-term tribo-corrosion performance. In this regard, numerical cutting simulation analyses of such biomaterials can significantly assist in evaluating the machined surface characteristics and other important parameters. This research will investigate the numerical cutting simulations, and experimental analyses of biomaterial alloys, for enhanced structural integrity in terms of tribo-mechanical performance for biomedical applications. The numerical studies will be verified with the actual machining of the selected biomaterial alloys. The surface integrity analyses will be accomplished through various activities, such as SEM images of the machined specimens to validate the simulation results, surface profilometry, GND analyses, and EBSD analyses of the machined samples, as well as other tribo-corrosion tests.
I’m a researcher working to better “Understand the material performance of machined biomedical implants for enhanced tribological performance”. My expertise includes Stress analysis, data analysis and interpretation, and the development and implementation of research tools. I enjoy generating new ideas and devising feasible solutions to broadly relevant problems. My colleagues would describe me as a driven, resourceful individual who maintains a positive, proactive attitude when faced with adversity.
- Master of Technology in Manufacturing Technology, National Institute of Technology Jalandhar, India.
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, India.
- Gold – Medalist in Master of Technology.
Area of Interests:
- Designing and Simulation
- Additive Manufacturing
- Material Characterization.
- Stress Corrosion Cracking
- CAD / CAM
Faculty Development Program (FDP)
- “3D Printing & Design” All India Council for Technical Education, Government College of Technology, India, August 2-06, 2021.
- “Industrial Applications of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence” Manipal University Jaipur, India, Sept 06-10, 2021.
- “Fundamental and Applications of Finite Element Method” Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar, June 13-17, 2016.
- “Workshop on Ansys 16.2”, Department of Industrial and Production Engineering, Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar 28-30 March 2016.
- “GNA IMT (ISO 9001-2008 CERTIFIED)” Creo Elements/Pro 5.0, Nx(CAM), July 2012 to December 2012 (6 Month).
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=qX58DPUAAAAJ&hl=en
- Pal, S., Bhadauria, S. S., & Kumar, P. (2019). Pitting Corrosion Behavior of F304 Stainless Steel Under the Exposure of Ferric Chloride Solution. Journal of Bio-and Tribo-Corrosion, 5(4), 91.
- Pal, S., (2019) Simulation of finite element model of surface pit on f304 stainless. Journal of Mechanical and Mechanics Engineering (e-ISSN: 2581-3722) Vol 5, No 3 (2019).
- Pal, S., Bhadauria, S. S., & Kumar, P. (2021). Electrochemical Corrosion Behavior of Type F304 Stainless Steel in Different Temperatures. Journal of Bio-and Tribo-Corrosion, 7(2), 1-7.
- Pal, S., Bhadauria, S.S. & Kumar, P. Studies on Stress Corrosion Cracking of F304 Stainless Steel in Boiling Magnesium Chloride Solution. J Bio Tribo Corros 7, 62 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40735-021-00498-4
- Pal, S., Khajuria, A., & Akhtar, M. (2018). Influence of aging on hardness and tool wear of artificially aged aluminium alloy 6061. IAETSD J. Adv. Res. Appl. Sci, 5(2), 477-481.
- Pal, S., Khajuria, A., & Akhtar, M. (2018). Simulation and modelling of edge crack propagation of 2D-plate using Casca and Franc-2D. IAETSD J. Adv. Res. Appl. Sci., 5, 439-446.
- “The Effect of Irradiation-Assisted Stress Corrosion Cracking of Austenitic Stainless Steels: A Review” National Conference on Innovation in Science and Technology (NCIST -2021) on 08-09 July 2021 by Department of Humanities and Sciences Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology (Autonomous) Chittoor-517 127, Andhra Pradesh.
- “Prediction of Edge Crack Propagation in 2d-Plate Specimen Using Casca and Franc 2d” IVth International Conference on Production & Industrial Engineering (CPIE-2016), Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (December 19-21, 2016).
- “Experimental Investigation and Analysis of Gate Valve Using Auto-Cast” IVth International Conference on Production & Industrial Engineering (CPIE-2016), Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (December 19-21, 2016).
- “Investigation of Occupational Health Hazards Among Night Shift Workers” 14th International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment (Dec 08-11, 2016).
- “Review Study on Occupational Health Hazards Among Night Shift Labours” 14th International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment (Dec 08-11, 2016).
- “Fundamental Research Dissension Between Hot and Cold Chamber High-Pressure Die Casting” International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Material Sciences (ICEMS-2016) March 17-19, 2016, Jaipur National University, Jaipur, India. Sponsored by Elsevier.
- “Processes and Application of Casting Simulation” International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Material Sciences (ICEMS-2016) March 17-19, 2016, Jaipur National University, Jaipur, India. Sponsored by Elsevier.
- “Analysis and Validation of Sand-Casting Process Using Procast” “Krishi Sanskriti” and Supported by Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME), (JNU DEHLI) ISSN:2350-0077; Online ISSN; Volume 2, Number 4; January-March, 2015, pp 278-281. 28 February – 1 March 2015.
- “The Impact of Aging on Surface Roughness of Artificially Aged 6061 Aluminium Alloy” Recent Trends & Innovation in Engineering Science, Technology and Management, 12 April 2016. “Adesh Institute of Engineering and Technology” Faridkot, Punjab, India.
- “Compare Various Parameter Between Lathe Turning and Swan soft CNC simulator” Advancement & Futuristic Trends in Mechanical & Material Engineering, Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala. October 16-18, 2014.
- “Analysis Various Parameter Between CNC Lathe Turning and Swan soft CNC simulator” Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials, I.K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd, ISBN:978-93-84588-18-2 (VOL.2), (Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, December 5-7, 2014.