Mr Gerry Mc Morrow
Jt Mis Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and supporting the MIS Programme at the Institute of Technology Sligo, comprising of the following MIS systems,
- Banner, the Student System, built on Oracle 11g.
- Core,the HR/Payroll System, built on Oracle 10g.
- Agresso, the Finance System, built on Oracle 11g.
- Syllabus Plus the Timetabling System, built on SQL Server 2008
- Managing and supporting the integration of MIS
systems with Institute applications and systems including;
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- The Millennium Library System.
- Microsoft Exchange email system.
- Student ID card System.
- Managing the MIS Function and Helpdesk including prioritisation and allocation of duties within the MIS team.
- Developing Business Intelligence reports for
management from the Student System Banner, the HR System Core, the Finance
System Agresso and the HEA SRS system by using a variety of standard
BI tools such as;
- SQL Plus.
- Oracle Discoverer.
- Oracle Business Intelligence
- Microsoft Office Products
- Chrystal Reports
- Preparing and submitting Statutory returns for the Institute, such the HEA return, the Social Welfare return, the CAO return, when required.
- Ensuring that outputs from the MIS systems, either electronic or paper, adheres to Data Protection guidelines.
- Managing upgrades to the MIS Systems as required.
and supporting the implementation of add-on modules to the MIS Systems
- Online Admissions.
- Curriculum Assessment and Programme Planning.
- Online Registration.
- Online Payments.
ancillary projects as required by the Institute from time to time, including;
- Academic Module Manager, build on MySQL and Perl.
- Campus CRM, built on MySQL and Perl.
- The Staff Portal , built on SharePoint 2010.
- Student ID Photo Upload system, built on MySQL and PHP. test