This 13-week part-time online programme aims to equip you with the practical skills to research, plan, create, publish, promote and analyse digital marketing content that will engage with your customer and help you to stand out on digital platforms. This includes familiarising you with popular digital marketing techniques used by marketing professionals to identify and target custom market segments. You will have the opportunity to explore multiple digital/social media tools and techniques used by marketing executives to manage and measure the influence and success of your own digital/social media campaigns.
The course content is tailored for digital marketers at a beginner/intermediate level.
The objectives of the programme are to:
1. Use contemporary digital marketing tools and platforms to achieve business objectives.
2. Learn practical tactics to ensure success in digital marketing using engaging and interesting content.
3. Learn how to optimise your content by improving your visibility across search including digital/social advertisements.
4. Apply digital tools and platforms to analyse and measure the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
Key Course Information
The course is very practical in nature and is aimed at those who may currently be undertaking a small amount of digital marketing but need to gain the skills to be able to build, manage, monitor and report on the success of their digital marketing activity.
Key Course Information
This is a level 6 programme that runs over 13 weeks. The course is deigned to be practical in nature and aimed to improve the digital skillset of the participants.
Study hours: Whether you are studying part-time online, blended or full-time online, it is very important that you allocate enough study time to your online course to stay focused, reduce stress and achieve your goals. For part-time online or blended learning, it is recommended that you should try to allow for 5-6 hours per week per 5 credit modules to your studies.
Live Lectures: Live lectures normally take place between 6pm and 10pm, Monday to Thursday but this may vary depending on the availability of specific lecturers. For the Certificate in Digital Marketing Practice, students are expected to attend 2 lectures 2 evenings per week. If the Live Classroom scheduled times for the live online lectures do not suit you, recordings will be made available through Moodle.
Application Closing Date : 31st August 2022
The Atlantic Technological University has policies in place which are fully implemented to allow for access to a full range of learners to include: The second level school leaver on the basis of Leaving Certificate performance only where minimum Institute entry requirements for L6 programmes will apply.
- Non-standard applicants - any applicant on the basis of non-standard circumstances that would include, but not exclusively, maturity, other qualifications and disability. The implementation of this policy is reflected in the increased diversity of our student cohort.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – applications for exemptions/advanced entry will be considered in line with the RPL policies and procedures. RPL is a process that may allow you to gain admission to a programme or to receive exemptions/ credit for some parts of the programme based on demonstrated learning that you may have achieved through another programme of study or through your work or career. Further information is available at www.myexperience.ie which our dedicated RPL portal or by contacting our admissions team at email@example.com .
- Base modules.ECDL) and Microsoft Office ( or similar, e.g. Open Office), the latter to an introductory standard such as described by MacOSApplicants should possess a basic level of digital literacy. You would be expected to be comfortable in working with Windows ( or similar, e.g.
- In addition, international students, whose first language is not English, will be required to prove their English competency through previous examination results, recognised English language tests such as IELTS ( 6.5 or equivalent required) and through oral communication skills at interview
Industry Demand for Digital Marketing Skills
The North West Regional Skills Forum (2018), SMEs Houses of the Oireachtas (2019), National Skills Strategy 2025 and Future Jobs Ireland (2019) have all published reports highlighting the industry demand for digital and social media marketing skills. With social media platforms showing a consistent increase in account ownership in Ireland (Ipsos MRBI, 2019), and users spending up to 2.5 hours everyday across multiple social media sites, its influence on consumer decision making is soaring and cannot be ignored (Smart Insights, 2020).
This special purpose award will support (but not be sufficient in itself) a successful student in progressing to entry onto L6/L7 Programmes - exemptions may be warranted depending on the programme.
A recent graduate of the Digital Marketing degree programme, Anne Granahan ran her own business for several years before making the decision to return to ATU Sligo (formly IT Sligo) in 2017. Over the course of 3 years, Anne built up a set of digital skills that she could see were in high demand, particularly in the small business’ where in-house knowledge didn’t exist and many managers were spending significant budget buying in the expertise. Having completed a 12-week placement for Claremorris based Electric Skyline, Anne was offered a permanent job as Marketing Manager. “My background as a business owner was valued and when that was coupled with the practical digital marketing skills gained in the areas of graphic design, social media and Google analytics, my employer could see the value in bringing the skills in house”
“On the Digital & Social Media Planning - this has gotten us to think about our customers, who they are and what channels can be used to target them - all quite different. For the most part hotels think Facebook and Instagram, however there's a wider audience to be reached with so many other channels. For me, it's being able to have that conversation with my customers, about them knowing their market and with Covid how has it changed. I love the content creation and would love to be a whizz putting together ads for my hotels - it'll come. It's understanding how they all interact - planning/ content and analysing - now just to practice and implement. The delivery is excellent - natural, engaging, real life - Aine and Alan are not reading a suite of slides, they're relating everything to everyday life and business, so you can understand in real business terms.”
Did you know?
This course will equip you with the skills required to succeed in any Digital Marketing role. The North West Regional Skills Forum (2018), SMEs Houses of the Oireachtas (2019), National Skills Strategy 2025 and Future Jobs Ireland (2019) have all published reports highlighting the industry demand for digital and social media marketing skills. With social media platforms showing a consistent increase in account ownership in Ireland (Ipsos MRBI, 2019), and users spending up to 2.5 hours every day across multiple social media sites, its influence on consumer decision making is soaring and cannot be ignored (Smart Insights, 2020).
Total programme fees: €1,500
Avail of free or 90% funding on your course fees for this programme through Springboard+.
This programme has been submitted for Springboard funding for the academic year 2022/2023. We will know the outcome of this submission in May/June 2022. In the meantime you can register your interest with us on the link:
Further information on Springboard funding can be found at www.springboardcourses.ie