Training and Workshops
See what's happening month to month with our new Interactive Calendar that lets you view details, access and register for up and coming events.
We are delighted to offer a great range of Training and Workshop events throughout the Academic year. And with the incorporation of our interactive Calendar it’s very easy to view and register for Upcoming Events. Alternatively, you can catch up on past event recordings in your own time by scrolling down to the “Previous Events” section, in the T&L Moodle Page – Training and Workshops.
Access an array of recently recorded events
Presenting & Academic
- How to be a Natural Presenter
- Learning outcomes & assessment workshops
- Unconscious Bias
- Creating Accessible Content
- Professor Rick Roe – Assessing Experiential Learning
Technology & Research
- Multimedia for lecturers
- Open Educational Recourses
- MailChimp Training
- Tinkering & Social Robotics
- Planning your research career
- Turbo Charge Your Writing
- Staying well in Your Research Career
Technology: Tinkering and Social Robotics
Simulating health and social care professionals knowledge needs
Dr Edwin Dertien, Assistant Professor (Creative and Interaction Technologies and Robotics and Mechatronics, University of Twente, Netherlands) provides an interactive day-long workshop facilitating the knowledge needs of health and social care professionals about to work with and alongside social robotics and AI.
At the heart of Dr Dertien’s work is:
- The exploration of the concepts of theatre simulation
- Co-design pedagogies and
- Fast-forward discussions on areas including art, ethics and implementation around all things social robotics.
For more information on this and similar workshops please visit our T&L CELT – Training & Workshop Moodle page.
Virtual Labs -iNote
Here is a short bitesize recording from the weekly “In the Spotlight Webinar series”, produced by Centre for Online Learning, covering topics such as
- Virtual Labs
- Accessibility & Ally
- Academic writing Badges
- Collaborative International Online Learning (COIL)
- Vevox Student Engagement
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) audits
- Graphic Facilitation, and much more
To access our Interactive Calendar and all the above Upcoming events, past events and recordings, please go to our “Training and Workshops” Moodle page.