Seven: Masters of Arts Students at IT Sligo to launch showcase event online
By Neasa Nic Dhómhnaill (Masters Student IT Sligo)
Covid19 may have stopped the world but it didn’t stop the Masters of Arts students (Creative Practice Specialism) at the Yeats Academy of Arts, Design and Architecture, IT Sligo from producing seven innovative pieces of creative practice and showcasing their collaborative practice. Now they are looking for an audience to share thoughts and insights about their creative work.
The showcase takes place at 6.30pm on Thursday 15th April and represents a body of work developed by the students as part of the Interdisciplinary Craft and Technique Module, within a wider programme of study that focuses on the development of creative practice and research across a range of artistic disciplines.
These creative projects touch on themes of cultural identity, threshold, sacrifice and home, to name a few. They push the edge of the imagination and online technology to bring the world new vision and hope in times of restriction. Come and enjoy puppet imagery, motion graphics and animation, film story narrative, art direction and storytelling workshops, and animation workshops and more.
The night’s line-up includes:
· Revelation – unique perceptions to abstraction in Fine Art
· The Struggles Of Cat-God-Good-Cop-Cat-God-Bad-Cop’: four mythical archetypes slug it out in a police interview room
· Who Am I – three artistic mediums merging identity, gender and the Universal Home of Theatre.
· Broadcasting from the End Times – a very serious news feature about climate change and the Covid-19 pandemic”
· The Passing Over/Dul Thar Tairseach an tSaol – narratives blurring mythology and landscape, this world and the otherworld, life and death.
· Little Free Online Library – promoting reading by making it accessible to all.
· The Mail Gaze – gaze upon ten decades in ten letters depicting women’s thoughts through items and time.
Step outside the monotony of lockdown and join them at 6:30pm Thursday, 15th April, for creativity, fun and entertainment. Bookings can be made via Eventbrite at this link… https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/seven-master-of-arts-in-creative-practice-student-showcase-tickets-150300000347 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SEVEN-Videos-in-Search-of-an-Audience-100680925478270
Students: Seamus Grogan; Aaron Hughes; Sinhye Park; Niamh Mac Cabe; Donnacha Mooney; Katelyn Ressler; Gavin Mc Crea; Aurore Blanquier; Jo Holmwood; Rebecca Duggan; Ian Doherty; Julianna Holland; Neasa Nic Dhómhnaill; Paul McNama; Michael Bonner; Jamie Keaveney; Sinead O Donnell-Carey; Lucy Lowth