Update 7th January 2022
Please be advised that examinations will be occurring next week. It is therefore important that you check the examinations timetable Examination Timetables – Institute of Technology Sligo (itsligo.ie) on a daily basis.
None of these examinations will require students to come on campus.
Please email email@example.com with any queries
Update 4th January
We are very aware of the concerns expressed by the Students’ Union about holding examinations on campus over the coming weeks for full time students. We have at all times adhered to public health guidelines and our exams office have worked hard to ensure that examinations can take place in a safe manner. Unlike other Institutions, we have students studying on campus and a large number of other students studying through online learning; the examinations schedule needs to meet both of their requirements which are quite different.
Due to the understandable concerns of some full time students and the increasing likelihood of a number of students not being in a position to take an on campus examination for COVID-related reasons the following modifications to the exam scheduling will now be implemented.
- All students on full time on campus programmes ( except BA and BB in Accounting – see below) where an exam was due to be on campus in a Hall /Lab / classroom in the coming weeks – your exams will not now be taking place on campus. We will be working with your lecturers to reschedule your exam and we will be in contact with you via your student email address during the week of the 10th January with further information on this. We will endeavour to reschedule examinations as soon as feasible.
- All students on the BA in Accounting and BB in Accounting. Any of the exams that are required for the purpose of professional exemptions will be switched to online proctoring. Online Proctoring is where you are supervised doing your exam remotely. You will be recorded taking your exam via your webcam and by tracking your screen and a remote proctor/invigilator will be supervising you as you do the exam. The exams office will be in contact with you all individually to your student email address to arrange this.
- All students studying on online programmes who were scheduled to travel to Sligo to take an exam will be switched to online proctoring (Invigilation) for the same date and time where at all possible. Online Proctoring is where you are supervised doing your exam remotely; in that case you do not now need to travel to the Institute, and you will take the exam using a computer accessible to where you live or work. You will be recorded taking your exam via your webcam and by tracking your screen and a remote proctor/invigilator will be supervising you as you do the exam. The exams office will be in contact with you all individually to your student email address to arrange this. Online students who do not wish to switch to online proctoring can opt to defer their exam and take the exam on campus when it is feasible to do so. As per my email of the 31st there are no costs associated with deferring.
- Any remote assessments or exams that are already scheduled to be managed by your Lecturer will continue as per the examination timetable. This is noted on the exam time table as being lecturer moderated. (See: https://www.itsligo.ie/student-hub/examinations/examination-timetables/)
- All scheduled online proctored examinations will continue this week and next week as per the examination timetable.
I fully appreciate the impact that these changes will have when you have been preparing for an on-campus exam at a specific time and date over the coming weeks, but be assured that they are being made in the best interest of your safety and the safety of others. I will send you information as soon as possible to provide you with certainty around rescheduling of examinations. Please watch your e-mail closely for further information.
Dr. Michèle Glacken
Registrar, IT Sligo