Date: Tuesday 17th January 2017
Location: Main Reception & Concourse, IT Sligo
An Open Evening will be held at IT Sligo on Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 from 6-8pm. The evening will provide school leavers, parents and mature students with a wealth of information about the Institute and the CAO application process, ahead of the February 1st deadline. On the evening, visitors will learn about IT Sligo’s student support services, SUSI, fees and grants and there will be an opportunity to meet and talk with existing students and staff. There will also be a series of talks dealing with the CAO application process, SUSI, mature students and alternative entry routes.
This year, for the first time, IT Sligo will also offer a Parents’ Talk. The Keynote Speaker, Catherine O’Connor, author of ‘Cracking the College Code’, will offer a practical guide to making the most of the first year college experience.
- Getting to know how the third level system works.
- What makes students successful in college?
- Why some students withdraw from college?
- What faces students on that first week in college?
- How to communicate with college offices and staff.
- How to have fun safely.
- Socialising and the law.
- Study and part time work – getting the balance right.
- Parents’ and students’ expectations – are they mismatched?
Visit us also to:
- Learn more about student support services and sports scholarships
- Find out about fees and grants, admission routes
- Meet staff and students
- Hear about the CAO application process, online learning and alternative entry routes – Mature Applicant Entry and ‘Breaking the Mould’ programme
- 6:00pm – Exhibition Area – Main Concourse
6:00pm – CAO Application Process – Aurivo Auditorium
- 6:30pm – ‘Cracking the College Code’ Parents’ Talk – Aurivo Auditorium
- 6:30pm – CAO Application Process (repeat) – Theatre 1
6:30pm – SUSI – Theatre 2
7:30pm – SUSI (repeat) – Aurivo Auditorium
7:30pm – CAO Application Process – Theatre 1
7:30pm – Mature Applicant Process – Theatre 2
Complimentary tea and coffee will be available on arrival. For further information please contact our Student Liaison Officer, Hollie Hastings, on +353(0)71 93 05855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Sligo Open Evening Tuesday, January 17th, 2017 at 6pm.